Wednesday, January 26, 2011

You big teaser!

A few days ago, I ached for Spring.

It was sunny and about 50 degrees, which is downright BALMY. At least if felt balmy, but I think the lack of gloom may be starting to affect my perception of the world in winter.

I felt inspired to walk along the river front from the parking lot to the store. The river is clearly swollen and murky-smelling, but there were other people out there. Adn there were buds on the trees and shrubs. That is always a good sign! People were in and out of the store all day, and the streets were practically teeming with walkers. Okay, that may be exaggerating. It's nice to see people out and about instead of holed up in their houses, though. When I walk on the street to and from my car, I notice the bulbs poking up from the planters. It makes me so jealous, and it makes me want to get my hands dirty. Time to find some good gardening books, I suspect.

Today, however...sigh, today... It is gray gloom again and I can see people's breath when they're walking by our windows. It reminds me that it is still time to curl up in a chair at home with a nice cup of tea and a good book.

On my nightstand right now?
An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
Before Green Gables by Budge Wilson
Winona's Pony Cart by Maud Hart Lovelace
The Four Seasons Book of Cocktails: Tips, Techniques, and More Than 1,000 Recipes from New York's Landmark Restaurant by Greg Connolly, Charles Corpion, John Varriano, and Fred DuBose
The Dirty Life: On Farming, Food, and Love by Kristin Kimball
Clearly, I'm going to be busy for a while...
 
What are you reading right now? Is it varied, or do you stick to one book and/or topic at a time? How many more days until Spring???
 
I'll be waiting it out behind the counter. See you at the bookstore!
 
Pamela.

No comments:

Post a Comment