Friday, February 26, 2010

Blizzard!

So, my sister is stuck, for the second time this year, in New York State because of a blizzard: her flight out of Ithaca is going to be delayed by a couple days. I don't know her feelings about the ordeal, but I envy her: what a great opportunity to get some reading done! If I had to say one thing the Willamette Valley lacked, it would have to be snow, and the all excuses it ends up making for you.

If I were Jessica, I'd take the opportunity and tackle some of the great new books out there:

Maybe a new novel like The Gate at the Stairs by Lorrie Moore...

Maybe some new nonfiction, like The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot...


Or maybe a classic, like Tolstoy's The Death of Ivan Ilyich (which I've started anyway, without snow; it's awesome).


-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment